The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for the role of Aftermarket Area Sales Manager, Pumps to the Corpus Christi Industrial market will have outstanding technical skills, practiced sales skills, a go-getter attitude with the desire to get out in the field, build relationships and make sales every day. Ideally, s/he will come directly from the Industrial Pump industry, but we will consider strong candidates from closely related markets.
To be a good fit for the Aftermarket Area Sales Manager opportunity, you will have:
- Significant experience (5+ years) in B2B technical/mechanical and/or industrial equipment sales with a proven track record of achieving/exceeding targets. We will also consider technical experts, such as engineers, who want to transition to a career in sales
- Ability to work extensively on the development of new customers, including cold calling
- The ability to develop an effective sales plan and execute on that plan
- Strong analytical reasoning skills; the ability to leverage forecasting and other reports to define targets
- Solid computer skills, including CRM software, ideally Microsoft Dynamics, and MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to:
- Bring outstanding technical skill and advice to customer interactions
- Troubleshoot problems, assess risks and develop recommendations for potential customer issues
- Deliver presentations both written and verbal
- Conduct lunch & learns
- Translate needs and issues between customers and service/mechanical staff
- Sales savvy; the ability to produce quotations, find solutions and close business
- Willingness to travel extensively (80% of your time will be in the field) throughout the Corpus Christi territory
- Familiarity with the Corpus Christi market is a plus
- An associate's or bachelor's degree preferred
- A strong work ethic, self-motivation and the desire to win
- The ability to achieve goals independently as well as to contribute effectively to team efforts
- The ability to plan effectively and execute on that plan
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- A strong sense of urgency; willingness to do what it takes to meet the emergency needs of your customers
- Outstanding follow-up and follow-through skills
Reporting to the Aftermarket Sales Director Americas, as Aftermarket Area Sales Manager, Pumps, you will be responsible for selling pump equipment and services to customers in the Oil and Gas Industry, General Industrial, Power Gen and other industries. Based in Corpus Christi, you will concentrate on customers throughout the extended local territory, and be responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of sales strategies and tactics critical to closing new business.
Executing the Role
The extended Corpus Christi area is a strong market and one which we have left some business on the table simply because in Houston we have been too far away to respond to customer needs on short enough order. The demand is there, and it will be your mission to build on the business we already have and expand our footprint in the market. While this is a role for a technical expert and motivated hunter, it's also a role reliant on your ability to build professional relationships and a network of industry contacts who will benefit from our service and equipment. You will enjoy a strong in-house support team to help with your efforts.
In performing your role, you will:
- Manage existing customer contacts within the Corpus Christi territory and develop new contacts
- In concert with your supervisor, develop a comprehensive, annual sales plan for your territory and key accounts
- Work to generate new business daily
- Maintain knowledge of projects and operations in your territory
- Maintain regular face-to-face contact with clients and record data to feed sales metrics through the CRM system
- Travel throughout the territory making both warm and cold calls, building relationships, delivering presentations, and closing business
- Provide continuous communication with inside sales group, keeping abreast of customers upcoming/open rental and sales activity
- Provide regular updates on sales forecasts when projects shift that could affect revenue
- Dedicate yourself to learning our equipment, processes, and procedures; remain up-to-date in your knowledge
- Provide applicable market and competitive feedback to sales and sales management
- Advise management, other sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation and sales of products and/or services of the company
- Maintain a record and update of all quote opportunities in the CRM system
- Maintain the highest level of ethical business standards in support of SPX Flow corporate policies
Pictured: The ClydeUnion Pumps - CUP-BB3 Heavy Duty, axially Split, multi-Stage Pumps API 610 / ISO 13709.
What's in It for YouGround-floor Opportunity
While we've conducted business in Corpus Christi over time, you will be our only local Area Sales Representative, fully dedicated to growing and developing the Corpus Christi market. You will have the opportunity to make an impact as you build a strong book of business. You'll also enjoy a best-of-both-worlds atmosphere -- the smaller, entrepreneurial environment of a new startup initiative, alongside the strong foundation and resources of an industry leader.
Make it Your Own
Because this is a new initiative, you will be able to make it your own...and your successes will be noticed and appreciated.
Strong Local Market with Limited Competitors
This market is ripe with opportunity, and with few local competitors. Once you do the legwork and get your foot in the door, chances are you will earn the business.
In addition to a competitive base salary, quarterly performance-based bonus and other incentives, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including insurances, paid time off, an auto allowance and more.
At SPX FLOW, what’s in it for employees goes well beyond market-competitive compensation and benefits. The company’s Total Rewards program includes a comprehensive offering that combines a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. Our Total Rewards Program gives employees:
- A financial stake in their success and the ongoing success of the organization.
- Opportunities to be recognized and rewarded for hard work and a job well done.
- A platform to spotlight personal talent and achieve exceptional results.
- A chance to display the values and leadership practices we, as a company, embrace.
Upon joining us, you'll enjoy strong training from your supervisor and the support team in the center. You bring the technical knowledge and sales drive, and we will ensure you have all the training and support on SPX Flow's systems, products and services you need to thrive.
Career Development and Opportunity
Though you could be happy and challenged in this role for years to come, if you want to advance your career, opportunities could become available within the Industrial Pumps Division, in another Corpus Christi-based division or in the larger SPX FLOW organization.
Keys to SuccessThis is a job for a true rainmaker and your success will be primarily measured by goal attainment. At the same time, success will require a team effort, so you won't work in a silo; you will build effective working relationships with other members of the team. Those team members will partner with you in providing outstanding service for your customers, whether or not you are available. No matter how skilled you are in sales, you won't make it without a team oriented approach.
Of course, this is a sales role for a hunter with the drive and desire the get out in the field every day and win, but to earn credibility with your customers and the internal staff you'll leverage the full breadth of your technical skills. Ultimately, we'll judge your overall performance by results in several key areas:
- Meeting / exceeding sales targets and revenue goals
- Pipeline generation measured through call reports, meetings and presentations
- The breadth and quality of relationships you build within the Oil & Gas Market
- Your follow up skills, related to both sales and customer issues
- Your ability to win business in competitive situations
About UsSPX FLOW is a global supplier of highly specialized, engineered solutions with operations in over 35 countries and sales in over 150 countries around the world. Our innovative solutions play a critical role in helping meet the rising global demand in the end markets we serve. Our total revenue in 2014 was $2.5 billion, with approximately 30 percent from sales into emerging markets.
We serve the food and beverage, power and energy and industrial markets. Our product portfolio of pumps, valves, mixers, filters, air dryers, hydraulic tools, homogenizers, separators and heat exchangers, along with the related aftermarket parts and services, supports global industries, including food and beverage, oil and gas, power generation (including nuclear and conventional), chemical processing, compressed air and mining. Our core strengths include product breadth, global capabilities and the ability to create custom-engineered solutions for diverse flow processes. Over the past several years, we have strategically expanded our scale, relevance to customers, and global capabilities in these markets. We believe there are attractive organic and acquisition opportunities to continue to expand our business.
We believe our businesses are well-positioned for long-term growth based on our operating initiatives, the potential within the current markets served and the potential for expansion into additional markets.
ClydeUnion Pumps, an SPX Brand, has a team of dedicated aftermarket personnel in place worldwide to support our customers in many industry sectors. Depending on your location we will provide either direct engineering service support, field service support or assistance in conjunction with our Approved Service Providers. Whichever option is provided, you can be assured of the best attention from fully qualified and experienced engineers.
ClydeUnion Pumps is committed to providing world class aftermarket support for all of our legacy brands, as well as new equipment, and provides full backup for obsolete products and for third party equipment. Our history and breadth of experience, as well as our geographical coverage and expertise, make us the natural first choice for any pump related enquiry, no matter where the location, the scale of the task or the original manufacturer.
Our objective is to add value to our customers’ operations and our key services include:
- OEM warranted parts to original or upgraded specification
- Rapid Response solution provider on turned and cast items in emergency situations
- Equipment repair, maintenance, overhaul, re-rates, problem solving and technical support
- Global presence offering local service facilities in over 40 countries
Our technical services team is a dedicated group of experienced pump engineers specializing in providing expert pump systems advice to our customers across all industries. Possessing a wealth of pump and system design knowledge, fully equipped with the latest design, analytical and pump testing equipment, our technical services team can be employed across a range of services to ensure your critical rotating plant is operating reliably, safely and at optimal levels of efficiency. Working in partnership with our customers the focus of these important aspects of pump operation deliver increased MTBF and plant life, reduced parts consumption, increased production and very importantly minimize energy costs and carbon emissions.
Our newest Service Center will be located in Corpus Christi, TX.