The RequirementsThis could be a great opportunity for a consultant to get off the road and make a stable career home with plenty of runway at an industry leader. To be a good fit for the eCommerce Architect opportunity you should have:
- Significant experience developing in Java technologies (with extensive experience in system analysis, design, and solid java programming and debugging skills)
- Solid experience supporting SAP Hybris 5.7 or later
- A track record of success in technical lead/architect roles delivering eCommerce projects, including:
- A demonstrated ability to deliver well documented and optimized code
- Experience with performance tuning and performance management for high-volume and high-traffic delivery
- Experience working with high-volume websites, preferably in a multi-channel/multi-brand environment
- Extensive experience with custom software development, including OOAD methodologies, OO design patterns, Hibernate, Spring Framework (MVC) or similar framework(s)
- Knowledge of the construction/use of XML data sources
- Strong experience using various SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc)
- The ability to troubleshoot pre and post-production implementations
- Leadership skills and a desire to mentor developers; supervisory experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present technical information appropriately to various audiences
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and directly relevant experience
- Relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Creating SQL queries involving the joining of multiple tables
- Service-oriented architecture and web services such as REST, SOAP and JSON
- Java 5/6, J2EE, JSP, HTML, CSS, JQuery and Ajax
- Java application profiling and profiling tools
- Working in cross functional Agile/Scrum teams
- Java build and automation tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Ant
- Incident management and collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence or Stash
- Hybris associated technologies such as Hybris Commerce, Hybris Marketing or SAP Hybris Accelerators
- Application servers like Tomcat, BEA Weblogic or JBoss
- ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Application monitoring tools like Dynatrace or AppDynamics
- Source control application, preferably Git
- Integration tools such as Data Hub
Pictured: SPX Flow's new dehydration lab and training center in Florida is just one reason there will be a steady stream of innovative products and solutions on the eCommerce platform as it continues to expand.
The RoleReporting to the IT Director - Sales & Marketing Applications, you will lead a team that includes two Developers and a Business Analyst. You'll also interface with outside consultants and/or developers from time to time, based on project needs. The eCommerce platform currently supports a selection of brands and product lines; you will "own" the roadmap that covers, among other things, expansion to include additional brands.
In production for about a year, the platform runs on Hybris 6.0, with upgrade plans on the near horizon. It's hosted externally and, while you will have direct responsibility for the application down, you'll also need a big-picture understanding of infrastructure and systems as well as architecture and software. The team uses agile development, including some scrum events.
Your key objectives and activities will include:
- Providing thought leadership in eCommerce and helping build our B2B channel market
- Managing and assisting in the creation of high-level requirements and detailed functional specs, and recommending best practices to our customers
- Mentoring and developing your direct reports with a goal of developing a best-in-class team
- Getting hands-on with architecture, design and development, such as doing code reviews and creating pseudocode for frameworks
- Assist in business process redesign, roadmap creation, and identifying touch points of multi-channel applications
- Analyze requirements and provide help in design and implementation of new or improvement of existing eCommerce applications
- Analyze requests for changes to existing software to determine impact on related systems
- Ensure that adequate processes, documentation, and procedures are in place to ensure the uptime and availability of the eCommerce platform
- Plan and estimate delivery work, focusing on project milestones, resource planning, scope and budget
- Mentor and coach team members by sharing the knowledge of eCommerce initiatives
- Lead and participate in code reviews and knowledge transfer sessions with the development team
- Proactively plan, design, and architect the eCommerce platform for future growth and expansion
What's in It for YouStrategic impact
With new leadership in place, SPX Flow is transforming from a holding company model to a provider of fully integrated solutions. The eCommerce initiative is a critical piece in that strategy. Not only is senior leadership behind the initiative, but there is also excitement among the business units -- you'll face minimal challenges in driving adoption.
This role will allow you to grow your technical knowledge and expand your skills in leadership, strategic planning and mentoring. You'll also showcase your ability to deliver results. These attributes are important factors when we're looking for internal talent to advance.
While your primary focus will be on eCommerce, you'll also gain exposure to other areas under the IT Director's purview: enterprise systems and product configuration. Once you have proven yourself in this role, you might set your sights on different opportunities within SPX. As a diversified global organization, we are able to offer a variety of career paths in the US and around the world.
Innovation and stability
With lots of positive change underway, you'll enjoy strong entrepreneurial energy in this role. At the same time, we offer the stability and resources of an established global leader with a reputation built over more than a century of innovation.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including insurances, paid time off, and more. Benefits begin day one.
At SPX FLOW, comp and benefits are just the beginning. Our Total Rewards program combines a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. The program gives employees a financial stake in their success and the ongoing success of the organization. This includes:
- Opportunities to be recognized and rewarded for hard work and a job well done.
- A platform to spotlight personal talent and achieve exceptional results.
- A chance to display the values and leadership practices we, as a company, embrace.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you should not only be able to do the following, but you should truly enjoy doing it:
- Serving as eCommerce subject matter expert
- Solving challenging technical problems and providing innovative solutions
- Helping others learn and grow
- Digging in and tinkering with code
In addition, to excel in this role, you will:
- Promote a strong customer service orientation on your team
- Combine creativity and an analytical mindset in resolving issues, and encourage your direct reports to do the same
- Influence and motivate others across functional lines
- Bring emotional intelligence and a bias for results
- Handle multiple activities and priorities with drive and energy
- Stay current on emerging technologies and best practices in eCommerce
About UsSPX FLOW is a global supplier of highly specialized, engineered solutions with operations in over 35 countries and sales in over 150 countries around the world. Our innovative solutions play a critical role in helping meet the rising global demand in the end markets we serve. Our total revenue in 2014 was $2.5 billion, with approximately 30 percent from sales into emerging markets.
We serve the food and beverage, power and energy and industrial markets. Our product portfolio of pumps, valves, mixers, filters, air dryers, hydraulic tools, homogenizers, separators and heat exchangers, along with the related aftermarket parts and services, supports global industries, including food and beverage, oil and gas, power generation (including nuclear and conventional), chemical processing, compressed air and mining. Our core strengths include product breadth, global capabilities and the ability to create custom-engineered solutions for diverse flow processes. Over the past several years, we have strategically expanded our scale, relevance to customers, and global capabilities in these markets. We believe there are attractive organic and acquisition opportunities to continue to expand our business.
We believe our businesses are well-positioned for long-term growth based on our operating initiatives, the potential within the current markets served and the potential for expansion into additional markets.