The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- 10 years of full lifecycle experience managing the design, configuration, testing, documentation, and support of SAP modules, with preference in the following: FICO, MM, PP, SD, PS, BW/BI and EDI/ABAP.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another relevant subject area. Master’s degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain and financial process solutions and how these relate to solving integrated business problems; prefer architecture experience with one or more of the following, SAP ECC, SAP SCM.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Proven ability to communicate, facilitate and lead technical workshops with senior level personnel, and gain buy-in from groups ranging from Solutions Architecture, Project Management, Sustainability, Infrastructure and Business .
- Experience in a manufacturing company supporting multiple locations is preferred.
- Previous experience with a global organization is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business partnerships and strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver against an enterprise-wide applications strategy.
- Broad understanding of IT functions, senior-level experience with broad exposure to both application and infrastructure domains. Demonstrated experience in building technology roadmaps and enterprise technology transformation plans for large and complex organizations.
- Ability to develop architecture designs and principles to ensure overall infrastructure consistency.
- A strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- The ability to remain cool and calm in high-pressure situations.
- Total Work Systems (TQM, Six Sigma, Lean).
- SAP Certification.
The RoleReporting directly to the VP, Global IT Applications, as the Director, SAP Manufacturing and Supply Chain, you will serve as the applications leader for the global manufacturing applications. You will be a key technical contributor and advisor to senior leaders, operating groups, technical staff, project management, and interface across several channels to proactively assist in defining strategic and architectural design principles. You will be accountable for ensuring that global production systems stay live and online at all times.
You will oversee a team 5 functional managers (and approximately 30 team members underneath those managers) as you also partner with a variety of stakeholders to utilize the technology as well as facilitate the development and implementation of relevant solutions in line with enterprise strategy.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate deep SAP subject matter expertise in manufacturing, supply chain and Logistics (SD, MM, PP).
- Use your previous hands-on experience in SAP (SD, MM and PP) to help develop strategic solutions and designs partnering with the IT architecture team.
- Enough prior technical SAP experience (SD, MM and PP) to advise their direct reports on the best technical solutions along with providing coaching and mentoring to the team (NOTE: this person will not be configuring SAP).
- Partner with business units to better understand customer operations and processes, development opportunities, business requirements, and potential improvements while providing strategic recommendations.
- Work across SPX divisional businesses to understand their application needs and to ensure that solutions provided align to an integrated process model.
- Ensure smooth migration, maintainability, scalability, upgradability and flexibility of assigned ERP initiatives.
- Exhibit clear orientation and experience managing to goals, objectives and top business priorities.
- Establish and retain credibility with the wider Back Office Leadership teams and business groups that leverage SAP.
- Be accountable for production support of the wider manufacturing and supply chain applications working with the global IT team and impacted business stakeholders (including Global Process Owners and other VP / Director level team members).
- Matrix with other teams within SPX Flow such as (but not limited to), Enterprise IT, IT Operations, Segment IT, functional groups (HR, Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure all project efficiencies, project scope, communication, training and change skills are accurately and efficiently executed.
- Manage project resources to achieve timeline and budget, ensuring cost and risk reduction models are achieved.
- Engage the businesses and implement common metrics to measure progress.
- Scope, develop conditions of satisfaction, monitor progress, and coordinate use of appropriate financial/accounting reporting systems (including documentation for E201’s and E201 audits) for projects that are the highest level of complexity, profile or cost. Manage all duties as directed or modified.
Pictured: SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies offers a full range of equipment, tools and solutions for heavy industry. Our products play a key role on construction sites, in power plants, on rail lines, in shipyards, in mining operations and more.
Why SPXFLOWStrategic impact and ongoing innovation
Building on a foundation of strong processes, you will provide the leadership that will bring everything into alignment company-wide to drive even greater success in the applications arena. You’ll own the strategic vision for manufacturing and supply chain applications improvement and put your personal stamp on the organization by leading new initiatives for the function.
This initiative has great visibility to all levels and departments of the organization. You’ll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing that the results of your efforts will be noticed by leadership and beyond.
As you learn the role and work closely with peers from other functions, you’ll also be gaining broad exposure, learning about front-to-back processes across the organization, and adding impressive accomplishments to your résumé.
The best of both worlds
With lots of positive change underway, you’ll enjoy strong entrepreneurial energy in this role. At the same time, we offer the stability and resources of an established global leader with a reputation built over more than a century of innovation.
In addition to a competitive base salary, performance-based bonus and other incentives, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including insurances, paid time off, and more. Benefits begin on day one.
At SPX FLOW, comp and benefits are just the beginning. Our comprehensive Total Rewards program combines a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. The program gives employees a financial stake in their success and the ongoing success of the organization. This includes:
- Opportunities to be recognized and rewarded for hard work and a job well done.
- A platform to spotlight personal talent and achieve exceptional results.
- A chance to display the values and leadership practices we, as a company, embrace.
Keys to SuccessAlthough your technical skills and SAP expertise will be critical to your success here, just as important will be your leadership abilities and interpersonal skills. This is a diverse and varied role that will provide you with the ability to impact the big picture through your leadership activities, while also still being involved in the technical aspects of the applications and systems.
We will look to you to build trust and rapport with the senior leadership team in order to become a key resource for them on any applications issues or problems. These leaders should learn to come to you with any issues, problems or feedback they have with our manufacturing and supply chain applications. You’ll also need to leverage your management skills to build that same level of trust and respect with your team members. You will be at the helm of a strong and tenured team with deep industry experience and you’ll need to position yourself as their partner and leader.
You'll know you have found success in this role when you've successfully implemented structure and standardized processes to manage / stabilize production support and project delivery, and you've integrated well with the team.
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Continuous Improvement
- Contributing to Team Success
- Delegating Responsibility
- Facilitating Change
- Gaining Commitment
- Initiating Action
- Managing Work
- Maintaining High Work Standards
About UsSPX FLOW is a global supplier of highly specialized, engineered solutions with operations in over 35 countries and sales in over 150 countries around the world. Our innovative solutions play a critical role in helping meet the rising global demand in the end markets we serve. Our total revenue in 2017 was $1.95 billion, with approximately 30 percent from sales into emerging markets.
We serve the food and beverage, power and energy and industrial markets. Our product portfolio of pumps, valves, mixers, filters, air dryers, hydraulic tools, homogenizers, separators and heat exchangers, along with the related aftermarket parts and services, supports global industries, including food and beverage, oil and gas, power generation (including nuclear and conventional), chemical processing, compressed air and mining.
Our core strengths include product breadth, global capabilities and the ability to create custom-engineered solutions for diverse flow processes. Over the past several years, we have strategically expanded our scale, relevance to customers, and global capabilities in these markets. We believe there are attractive organic and acquisition opportunities to continue to expand our business.
We focus on a number of operating initiatives, including innovation and new product development, continuous improvement driven by lean methodologies, supply chain management, expansion in emerging markets, information technology infrastructure improvement, and organizational and talent development. These initiatives are designed to, among other things, capture synergies within our businesses to ultimately drive revenue, profit margin and cash flow growth. We believe our businesses are well-positioned for long-term growth based on our operating initiatives, the potential within the current markets served and the potential for expansion into additional markets.