The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the District Sales Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Fluid Power Technology.
- 10+ years of work experience with at least 5+ years in an outside sales role, selling directly to OEMs and through industrial distributors.
- Strong technical aptitude; experience with fluid power is strongly preferred, and relevant certification (NFPA FPS or HS) would be ideal.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability manage a territory with minimal supervision.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Pictured: The power Team brand offers the most comprehensive range of high force tools and equipment, including, cylinders, jacks, pumps, valves, presses and more.
The RoleReporting to the Eastern Sales Manager, you will join a team that includes three other District Sales Managers. You will be responsible for:
- Sales and profitability in your district in order to achieve overall division and corporate goals.
- Implementing plans, focusing on the various major industries (oil & gas, mining, infrastructure, power generation, and other general industries), that result in the expansion of existing products and customer orders while capturing new customers and new product orders.
- Representing all of SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies' product lines: Power Team, Stone, Bolting Systems, Hytec and Globe.
More specifically, you will:
- Demonstrate expertise in solving customer problems relative to SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies' applications.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with assigned accounts.
- Evaluate and report on accounts on a regular basis.
- Maintain excellent and up-to-date record systems for customer accounts with a focus on Microsoft CRM.
- Provide timely and accurate market information including information in the areas of pricing, competitive activities, products, and other items necessary to the success of area marketing strategies and programs.
- Keep records and make reports in the area of activities and expenses, submitting them on a regular and timely basis.
- Develop and recommend innovative ideas and tactics that will contribute to an increase in market share and sales.
- Confer regularly with management on recommended sales strategies, promotions, and potential new markets.
- Work with the accounts and be aware of potential problem areas with SPX Hydraulic Technologies' product lines in the areas of shipments, past due accounts, etc.
- Define problems, assess risks, and develop recommendations for action plans.
- Deliver presentations, both written and oral.
- Model and promote the SPX Flow leadership standards to create an environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business goals.
What's in It for YouOwnership and impact
We'll look to you to approach your territory with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, motivated to drive growth and success as the business "owner" of the district. Of course there will be parameters in the sales process, but you'll also be able to showcase your creativity in moving the needle.
Even if you have expertise in fluid power technologies, you are bound to learn new things, given the breadth of the portfolio and diversity of applications and customers. People generally find this role rewarding and fulfilling for years, as demonstrated by the long tenure of the other DSMs. At the same time, success in the role could set you up to pursue other opportunities within SPX Flow.
You may already know our brands, and they enjoy a strong reputation. Several, such as Power Team, have long histories and a global footprint. When the job calls for serious power and reliability, SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies has a solution.
Making a good thing even better
In 2015 SPX Flow launched a global realignment program, involving structural changes and process enhancements to help the company operate more efficiently. We're also focusing on strengthening the diversity of industries we serve, such as promoting new product development within the food & beverage businesses. Q2 2017 results were very positive, with an increase in orders and operating cash flow, and reduction in net debt.
In addition to competitive base + incentive plan, you'll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental choices with costs shared by the employee and SPX FLOW; an employee-paid vision plan; a retirement savings plan with company match; paid time off; and more. Benefits begin day one.
At SPX FLOW, what's in it for employees goes well beyond market-competitive compensation and benefits. Our Total Rewards program includes a comprehensive offering that combines a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. The program gives employees a financial stake in their own success and the ongoing success of the organization, and includes:
- Opportunities to be recognized and rewarded for hard work and a job well done.
- A platform to spotlight personal talent and achieve exceptional results.
- A chance to display the values and leadership practices we, as a company, embrace.
Keys to SuccessThere is a strong trend toward consolidation in our industry, and you will work with large distributors who carry everything from safety equipment to stepladders to an array of industrial products. One challenge will be to get time on buyers' busy schedules. Another challenge will be to establish credibility with the distributors' reps.
In both cases you'll need to position yourself as a resource who can help them sell technically complex solutions when they may be used to more transactional sales at lower costs. If you're the person we're looking for, you've already seen a strong potential value proposition: It's a bigger sell, but also a much bigger payoff.
Managing time and priorities also will be important. As you would expect, you'll need to strike the right balance between finding new business and retaining and growing existing accounts. For example, as part of optimizing your travel plans, you should combine hunting and farming into each trip.
To excel in this role you will be highly motivated and goal oriented, combining a competitive spirit with strong relationship building skills. You'll take the time to understand the goals, challenges and levers of each player in the chain in order to drive mutually beneficial outcomes at all levels.
Pictured: Hytec is a recognized leading manufacturer of hydraulic workholding components. Our product line includes workholding devices such as clamps, work supports and cylinders, as well as power sources, valves and manual pallet systems.
About UsSPX FLOW is a global supplier of highly specialized, engineered solutions with operations in over 35 countries and sales in over 150 countries around the world. Our innovative solutions play a critical role in helping meet the rising global demand in the end markets we serve. Our total revenue in 2016 was $1.9 billion, with approximately 30 percent from sales into emerging markets.
We serve the food and beverage, power and energy and industrial markets. Our product portfolio of pumps, valves, mixers, filters, air dryers, hydraulic tools, homogenizers, separators and heat exchangers, along with the related aftermarket parts and services, supports global industries, including food and beverage, oil and gas, power generation (including nuclear and conventional), chemical processing, compressed air and mining.
Our core strengths include product breadth, global capabilities and the ability to create custom-engineered solutions for diverse flow processes. Over the past several years, we have strategically expanded our scale, relevance to customers, and global capabilities in these markets. We believe there are attractive organic and acquisition opportunities to continue to expand our business.
We focus on a number of operating initiatives, including innovation and new product development, continuous improvement driven by lean methodologies, supply chain management, expansion in emerging markets, information technology infrastructure improvement, and organizational and talent development. These initiatives are designed to, among other things, capture synergies within our businesses to ultimately drive revenue, profit margin and cash flow growth. We believe our businesses are well-positioned for long-term growth based on our operating initiatives, the potential within the current markets served and the potential for expansion into additional markets.