The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
We will consider applicants that fit any of the profiles below:
- An IT professional with 2-3 years implementation or consulting experience with Employee Central / SuccessFactors
- An IT specialist looking to get more exposure on the HR side and build their business process knowledge
- An HR Analyst who wants to expand their skill set with implementation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems
- 7-10 years of global IT experience, including at least 2 years of hands-on implementation experience with progressive responsibilities overseeing offshore contractors
- Expert knowledge with Employee Central / SuccessFactors including their product life cycles
- Proven experience performing configuration, testing, debugging, or modifying specifications to ensure the successful release of new enhancements
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on project management experience utilizing proven methodologies, including the ability to interface with key application leads to negotiate agreements with plans and scheduling
- Strong working knowledge of business processes and activities for corporate functions
- Independent thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multitasking prowess to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work within stringent deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence and engage offshore/onshore consultants and diverse stakeholders
- Proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, Access and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Functional background of HR processes and best practices
- SuccessFactors Certification (Employee Central, ECPY, Boomi)
- ITIL Certification
- Project Management Professional Certification
The RoleThis is an individual contributor role reporting directly to the Director, Corporate Applications but you will manage both external consultants and internal customers and HR by influence. At a high level, you'll spend about 25% of your time on incident management with help desk tickets; 25% supporting enhancements, testing and quarterly upgrades; another 25% with planning and maintenance activities interfacing with vendors; and the remaining 25% on administrative tasks, security, on-boarding contractors and ensuring the system platform runs smoothly.
Specifically, your responsibilities would be to:
- Drive and execute the strategic vision for human capital management solutions
- Manage availability of IT application services in accordance with service targets established across the ITIL process areas (incident, service requests, changes, and problems)
- Serve as subject matter expert for all applications supporting HR processes including compensation, talent Management, and interfaces to and from SuccessFactors
- Perform Global HRMS initiatives across systems, interfaces and processes ensuring data integrity, data privacy, and compliance with all laws and regulations
- Manage application calendar, application updates and make recommendations on the additional use of the applications
- Participate in projects in various roles: subject matter expert, SuccessFactors, business needs analysis, process design and improvement, test scripts, system test, leading UAT, data quality, data loading, etc.
- Own the production environment, ensuring that all production environment integrity is maintained and service level agreements are met
- Maintain and report application level metrics on a monthly basis
- Provide tier three support resolving user questions and issues for human capital management applications
- Coordinate release content based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third-party applications, or operating system updates
- Troubleshoot technical change control problems and recommend solutions to prevent re-occurrence
- Develop and manage on-going communication plan with the various business operational areas
- Ensure appropriate controls and adherence to security guidelines for all production applications
- Identify and establish efficiency opportunities that contribute towards the stability of the production environment
- Communicate key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget or that they meet or exceed expectations
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Lead and coordinate go-lives including the execution of deployment plans and checklist
- Plan quarterly release discussions with IT teams
- Maintain release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintain and update all system documentation, participating in both SOX and application audits
- Develop, maintain, and administer periodic end-user training sessions
- Take on additional project management responsibilities as needed
Why SPX FlowHigh-impact legacy: By designing and delivering our signature employee training programs, you'll not only have ground floor impact in shaping the evolution of our programs but you'll also be influencing the future direction of our employees.
Growth environment: “Growth” is the operative word here and we are looking for high impact players who can take on larger roles and responsibilities and continue to grow with our organization.
The best of both worlds: With lots of positive change underway, you'll enjoy strong entrepreneurial energy in this role. At the same time, we offer the stability and resources of an established global leader with a reputation built over more than a century of innovation.
Excellent compensation: In addition to a competitive base salary, performance-based bonus and other incentives, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including insurances, paid time off, and more. Benefits begin on day one.
Total rewards: Our comp and benefits are just the beginning. Our comprehensive Total Rewards program combines a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. The program gives employees a financial stake in their success and the ongoing success of the organization. This includes:
- Opportunities to be recognized and rewarded for hard work and a job well done.
- A platform to spotlight personal talent and achieve exceptional results.
- A chance to display the values and leadership practices we, as a company, embrace.
Keys to SuccessPivotal to your success in this role is the ability to establish yourself as a trusted subject matter expert in Employee Central / SuccessFactors and communicate that expertise throughout the organization. Relationship building is at the heart of this role and you’ll also showcase interpersonal finesse to build relationships with offshore contractors, employees, HR partners and IT business leaders through diplomacy, teamwork, and a "customer service" approach. Other facets of success are to:
- Strike an appropriate balance between high-level strategic thinking and hands-on execution of the implementation details.
- Create momentum for your projects by engaging all the key contributors and keeping them on-task with their deliverables.
- Manage effectively to multiple objectives, looking at issues from many different angles and weighing a range of factors and trade-offs in developing training programs.
- Keep a pulse on emerging trends and competitive landscape to stay abreast of what is new and successful and harness that knowledge to drive continuous enhancements to our training programs.
- Bring a high-energy approach, sense of urgency, and solid focus to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
About UsSPX FLOW is a global supplier of highly specialized, engineered solutions with operations in over 35 countries and sales in over 150 countries around the world. Our innovative solutions play a critical role in helping meet the rising global demand in the end markets we serve. Our total revenue in 2016 was $1.9 billion, with approximately 30 percent from sales into emerging markets.
We serve the food and beverage, power and energy and industrial markets. Our product portfolio of pumps, valves, mixers, filters, air dryers, hydraulic tools, homogenizers, separators and heat exchangers, along with the related aftermarket parts and services, supports global industries, including food and beverage, oil and gas, power generation (including nuclear and conventional), chemical processing, compressed air and mining.
Our core strengths include product breadth, global capabilities and the ability to create custom-engineered solutions for diverse flow processes. Over the past several years, we have strategically expanded our scale, relevance to customers, and global capabilities in these markets. We believe there are attractive organic and acquisition opportunities to continue to expand our business.
We focus on a number of operating initiatives, including innovation and new product development, continuous improvement driven by lean methodologies, supply chain management, expansion in emerging markets, information technology infrastructure improvement, and organizational and talent development. These initiatives are designed to, among other things, capture synergies within our businesses to ultimately drive revenue, profit margin and cash flow growth. We believe our businesses are well-positioned for long-term growth based on our operating initiatives, the potential within the current markets served and the potential for expansion into additional markets.