The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (Engineering or Technical degree preferred), and a minimum of three years of related quality engineering experience and/or training in a heavy manufacturing / oil & gas (midstream, distribution, pipeline, tank farms, etc.) environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience leading quality engineering department in manufacturing operations and demonstrated experience developing and maintaining API/ISO (6D - specification for pipeline valves) systems.
- Lean experience and some Six Sigma knowledge would be helpful.
- Strong leadership skills and experience with employee development.
- The ability to implement change initiatives and develop quality improvement programs.
- Experience with leading internal and external audits.
- The ability to set-up data systems and metrics.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios.
- Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment.
- A collaborative and proactive approach.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate and develop positive relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing software; Project Management software; SAP; Visio; Spreadsheet software (Excel) and Word Processing software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Strong advanced facilitation skills and the ability to understand and influence group dynamics.
The RoleReporting directly to the Site Leader, as Quality Engineering Manager, you will be charged with planning, coordinating and directing the quality program designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established standards.
Historically speaking, we’ve been more of a quality assurance/quality inspection organization, and we are looking to move towards a quality engineering function that is more proactive in nature. We will look to you to help us evolve and grow this function and set-up and create metrics for data systems related to quality. You'll use your strong change management and influencing skills to gain buy-in from your team of direct reports and then begin to make changes.
More specifically, your principle duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Formulate and maintain quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Interpret quality philosophy to key personnel in the organization.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Plan and oversee the analysis, inspection, design, test and/or integration assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Decide whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on a review by the quality assurance engineer.
- Review all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Keep management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions taken to improve the situation.
- Prepare and present technical and program information to the management team.
- Direct workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products.
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Play an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
- Design and implement quality training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Investigate and adjust customer complaints regarding quality
- Directly / indirectly supervises 7 to 10 employees in the Quality Department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Pictured: SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies offers a full range of equipment, tools and solutions for heavy industry. Our products play a key role on construction sites, in power plants, on rail lines, in shipyards, in mining operations and more.
Why SPX FLOWStrategic impact and ongoing innovation
Building on a foundation of strong processes, you will provide the quality engineering leadership that will bring everything into alignment company-wide to drive even greater success in the applications arena. You’ll own the strategic vision for quality engineering and put your personal stamp on the organization by leading new initiatives for the function.
This initiative has great visibility to all levels and departments of the organization. You’ll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing that the results of your efforts will be noticed by leadership and beyond.
As you learn the role and work closely with peers from other functions, you’ll also be gaining broad exposure, learning about front-to-back processes across the organization, and adding impressive accomplishments to your résumé.
The best of both worlds
With lots of positive change underway, you’ll enjoy strong entrepreneurial energy in this role. At the same time, we offer the stability and resources of an established global leader with a reputation built over more than a century of innovation.
In addition to a competitive base salary, performance-based bonus and other incentives, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including insurances, paid time off, and more. Benefits begin on day one.
At SPX FLOW, comp and benefits are just the beginning. Our comprehensive Total Rewards program combines a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. The program gives employees a financial stake in their success and the ongoing success of the organization. This includes:
- Opportunities to be recognized and rewarded for hard work and a job well done.
- A platform to spotlight personal talent and achieve exceptional results.
- A chance to display the values and leadership practices we, as a company, embrace.
Keys to SuccessOur plans to migrate to more of a quality engineering function represent a highly-visible and critical initiative for the organization, and you'll be at the forefront of this exciting endeavor. You'll have the freedom and latitude to truly change the entire organization and make your vision a reality. This means you'll need strong technical chops combined with proven leadership skills. This isn't a role where you'll maintain the status quo, instead, you will make your mark and put your thumbprint on our operational excellence.
Additionally, you should embody the following SPX FLOW competencies:
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Continuous Improvement
- Contributing to Team Success
- Delegating Responsibility
- Facilitating Change
- Gaining Commitment
- Initiating Action
- Managing Work
- Maintaining High Work Standards
About UsSPX FLOW is a global supplier of highly specialized, engineered solutions with operations in over 35 countries and sales in over 150 countries around the world. Our innovative solutions play a critical role in helping meet the rising global demand in the end markets we serve. Our total revenue in 2016 was $1.9 billion, with approximately 30 percent from sales into emerging markets.
We serve the food and beverage, power and energy and industrial markets. Our product portfolio of pumps, valves, mixers, filters, air dryers, hydraulic tools, homogenizers, separators and heat exchangers, along with the related aftermarket parts and services, supports global industries, including food and beverage, oil and gas, power generation (including nuclear and conventional), chemical processing, compressed air and mining.
Our core strengths include product breadth, global capabilities and the ability to create custom-engineered solutions for diverse flow processes. Over the past several years, we have strategically expanded our scale, relevance to customers, and global capabilities in these markets. We believe there are attractive organic and acquisition opportunities to continue to expand our business.
We focus on a number of operating initiatives, including innovation and new product development, continuous improvement driven by lean methodologies, supply chain management, expansion in emerging markets, information technology infrastructure improvement, and organizational and talent development. These initiatives are designed to, among other things, capture synergies within our businesses to ultimately drive revenue, profit margin and cash flow growth. We believe our businesses are well-positioned for long-term growth based on our operating initiatives, the potential within the current markets served and the potential for expansion into additional markets.